Miraflores Park Hotel ★★★★★
Miraflores Park Hotel is a five star hotel situated in the Miraflores district of Lima.
Are you looking for an area of fantastic beaches, warm water year round and a relaxed, easy going vibe? Looking for some of South America’s finest surfing areas, the opportunity to enjoy wind and kite-surfing, diving or superb fishing? Or are you just after a place unwind in the sun or have an enjoyable and romantic weekend with you partner? If the answer is yes to any of these questions than Máncora Beach is the place for you!
The cold Humboldt Current that cools the Peruvian coast loses its force here, replaced by warmer tropical waters from the north (the average water temperature is an agreeable 24̊ C). Although all the beaches here are lovely they also cater to different clientele and sporting interests. Machete Tours, with extensive contacts and experience in the region can help arrange stays and activities in a wide range of excellent boutique hotels along this coast – just drop us an email to discuss this further!
A selection of the finest beaches is listed below:
• Máncora Beach itself is great place for windsurfing and only a short stroll from plentiful shops, restaurants and accommodation.
• Las Pocitas – A 6km long string of unbroken white sand, just 4 km south of Máncora itself – is a great place to come and relax. Diving and kite surfing are popular here – this is area is also favoured by romantic couples and families.
• Another also good place to chill out is Vichayito, also a short distance south of Máncora town.
• Los Organos beach 13km south of Máncora near a village of the same name. Famed for its superb surfing conditions that are at their best between November and March.
• Cabo Blanco is another surfing hotspot and fishing in the rich coastal waters is additional draw – Dorado and Marlin are top sport fish found here. From June to October Humpback Whales are sometimes seen off the Coast.
Beyond the Beach
Adventure is also awaits away from Máncora’s beaches. Two of Northern Peru’s best wildlife reserves are only a short distance away, on the route to the Ecuadorian Border.
Santuario Nacional Manglares Tumbes & the Zona Reservada de Tumbes
These sanctuaries protect a rare combination of dry and moist forest and mangroves – forests able to exist in coastal saline conditions and very rare in Peru. This is also the only place in Peru were the highly endangered American Crocodile survives, a reptile that can grow up to the formidable length of 6m!
Parque Nacional Cerros de Amotape
This national park protects more than 900 km² of Peruvian dry forest – home to pumas, black parrots, deer and monkeys amongst others. This reserve is best visited outside of the rainy season.
It’s possible to enjoy Máncora’s special charms at any time of year; however between December to April it can be very hot and sometimes rains. The rest of the year it’s generally sunny warm and dry. Average sea temperature is 24 ̊C – perfect for a swim!
|Price per person (starting from):||US$ 75.00|
You can use the following form to contact Machete Tours. We will contact you as soon as possible.